Candidates interested in studying or working in a nation where English is their native tongue must successfully complete the International English Language Testing System. IELTS is recognized in several countries, including the UK, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. IDP: IELTS Australia, Cambridge Assessment English, and IELTS are jointly administered by the British Council. Do you want to know How is the IELTS Exam Conducted? You can join IELTS Coaching in Chennai at FITA Academy.
IELTS Timing and Exam Pattern
We may review the IELTS exam schedule and format section by part to better comprehend it. The four areas of the IELTS exam are reading, writing, speaking, and listening. There is no gap between the Reading, Writing, and Listening assessments; they are all administered on the same day.
The speaking portion of the exam could be scheduled for that day’s afternoon. It may be arranged seven days in advance of or following the test. Regional IELTS test centres will contact the candidates regarding the location and time of the speaking exam.
Four taped monologues and chats made up the test. This exam has a total of 40 questions and is 30 minutes long.
Three lengthy sections will be sent to you along with the assignments. Explanatory essays, maps, graphs, etc., are also included. There are 40 questions and a 60-minute time limit.
In the writing assignment, you have 150 words to convey a chart, graph, table, etc. Another assignment requires you to produce a 250-word essay. You have 60 minutes to complete the two questions in total.
The interview will take place with an individual. You might have to discuss a well-known subject. Structured discussion or brief questions may also be used. In 11 to 14 minutes, 3 questions will be asked in total. Looking for the best IELTS Online Classes? Well-experienced instructors at FITA Academy conduct unique test series for students to gain a great scores.
Is the Computer-Delivered Test different from the Paper-Based Test?
Introducing computer-delivered testing in 2017. Since then, a lot of people favour choosing this mode. Let’s examine the key distinctions between the two.
- The listening component of the paper-based test has a 10-minute time limit. You do not get that extra time when taking a test given by a computer.
- The typical location for paper-based testing is a university or a hotel in the middle of the action. The computer-delivered test is administered in a constrained space.
- You will receive the results of a paper-based test in 13 days. Your test results from a computer-delivered exam will arrive in three to five days.
- Paper-based exams are offered on Thursdays and Saturdays for up to 48 days a year. There are three computer-delivered testing sessions every day, seven days a week.
- During registration, you must select a test delivery method, either computer-delivered or paper-based.
Which Organization Conducts IELTS Exam?
The University of Cambridge has created a mechanism for evaluating English proficiency internationally. IDP and the British Council give the test.
Getting good marks; An IELTS band score of 7 or higher will significantly improve your academic and employment opportunities. Therefore, fully comprehend each and every exam component and prepare yourself appropriately. Well-experienced trainers provide IELTS Coaching In Bangalore for the students to get a high scores.